Sheldahl is the market leader in supplying flame retardant tapes to the flat cable manufacturing industry. We offer a complete line of insulation tapes for use in producing Flat Flexible Cables (FFC's). Our portfolio of adhesive types that allows fabricators to balance final product performance with lamination processes. Applications include clock spring cables, jumpers, and any application requiring long parallel copper traces.
Flat Flexible Cables (FFCs) provide the ideal connection technology for curved, tight spaces and flat surfaces, capable of repeatedly turning back on itself for years of use.
Sheldahl produces various Insulation materials in the development of FFCs used for Clock Springs, Wiring for automotive headliners, jumpers/interconnections, innovative solutions, and more. If you need a secure and durable connection, we work in prototype development and large-scale production. Sheldahl has the experience, knowledge, and technology to support the most difficult projects customizing our materials to your needs.
- Automotive clocksprings for airbag connections in steering columns
- Jumpers / interconnections
- Wiring for automotive headliners
- Computer, printer, and data cables
- Temperature resistant
- Controlled adhesive thicknesses
- Flexible and tough
- Excellent encapsulation ability
- Wide range of film and adhesive options
- Reduced twist flat cable tapes
- Double-sided flat cable tapes
- Shielded flat cable tapes
To assist you in selecting the right products for your application, we have developed an on-line Flat Cable Tape Product Selector Guide